-->

Saturday, December 8, 2012

How do you contact Microsoft when there is an error in their programming?

Print Friendly and PDF Today I tried helping my wife debug a an Excel problem. She was working with a Microsoft template, "Project issue tracker" .

When entering data she discovered that the chart was showing labels that were 1 more than what they should be: 1's were 2's, 4's were 5's, etc.  When I looked at it, and found the underlying data table, I detected that the label values were a decimal fraction higher than they should be (for that matter, they should have been counting numbers, not fractional values, as they allegedly resulted from counting.

No matter what I tried, I could not figure where the data was immediately coming from.  I did uncover a hidden worksheet in the file, but I also discovered that the chart data range is empty, with the statement  "The data range is too complex to be displayed. If a new range is selected, it will replace all of the series in the Series panel." I suspect something has to be fixed, but without knowing what is there, I cannot find a way to fix it.

If anyone out there wants to give it a stab, remember that the data table for the chart should be void of decimals.

Although the template is listed as for Excel 2013, the compatibility issues checker rules out Excel 2007 and earlier. It does not rule out 2010.

Please help!!!!

 

No comments: